The new season begins…….the grounds get upgraded…….the clubhouse and shop to get a face lift…….the Academy gets investment…….and big plans for the Club…….read on!
Your Club Committee is delighted to share an update on what’s happening at the Club and to share some exciting plans for the future. So, here’s a rundown on what’s hot and how you can help your club grow.
1) Season Starts: The new season starts in a couple of weeks with many teams already in pre-season training and some friendly matches played, we can be optimistic for the 2022-23 season. With the kids off school and the weather so good, please encourage them to do some of their own ‘pre-season’ training with the football.
NDSL – All under-age league matches start on the weekend of September 10/11th
Under-8 Academy: All boys and girls born in 2016 or 2017 are welcome to join the Dunboyne AFC Academy. First academy session is on Saturday 3td September from 10:00 to 11:30 and will run every Saturday morning. New members are very welcome
Under-19 and Under 21: Early September exact dates TBA but likely 9/10 September
Senior Leagues: First Team Away to Sheriff on Friday 19th August; Second team at Home to Rush Athletic on Saturday 27th August
Over-35s: Currently playing summer league
2) The grounds: The Club has spent the summer enhancing the playing pitches with close to €20,000 invested in professional ground work completed on all pitches. Part of the process has included professional grass-cutting and divot repair services. This work has significantly enhanced the quality of the pitches……you’ll love them when you see them. They could do with a bit of rain but that one is out of our control 🙂
3) Academy and Training ground investments: The Club has sought and received funding to do an initial phase of development of the Club. The priority is to provide appropriate training facilities so the current Astro-turf training surface and fencing will be replaced. The Club is working to finalise 3 quotes with a view to getting the work done during the winter shut-down.
4) Public toilet and dressing rooms: The Club has conducted industrial steam-cleaning of the public toilet facilities which have also been painted. There is a regular maintenance schedule arranged to ensure clean facilities for all.
5) Club Shop: The club shop has been enabled to take card/wireless payments and the coffee facilities are being up-graded. The Club needs volunteers to help with the shop – just 2 hours every 6 weeks. Anyone who’d like to help out should email Clubshop@dunboyneafc.club.
6) Club environs: In addition to the above, the Club environment has had a spruce up over the summer. With the help of a local groundsman and some volunteers, the general facilities have been cleaned up, the sign at the back ditch has been repaired, the club house painted and the fencing painted. We want you to be proud of your club……..the small things matter.
7) Club Communications: The club has an upgraded website at www.dunboyneafc.ie. In addition, the club has some key email addresses that you may like to be aware of:
8) The Coaching Manual: In order to ensure we support our managers effectively, the club has invested in an annual subscription to The Coaching Manual, an online soccer coaching app, for use by all coaches involved in senior, schoolboy and schoolgirl football. We know the coaches are busy people so we’re hoping that this subscription will support them in sourcing quality training material from a single location that is structured and rich in content.
9) Strategic Plan for the Club: Dunboyne AFC has served the community of Dunboyne for over 50 years. To continue to do so for another 50, there is a need for a medium-term investment in the club facilities to ensure there is capacity to serve boys, girls, men and women in the community. More to follow on proposals for long term investments in your Club.